La Clínica provides interpretation services for all health facilities in the metro area, including interpretation at appointments as well as the translation of documents.
Currently, we provide medical interpretation to clients with:
- DC Amerihealth Caritas (Alliance and Medicaid)
- DC Amerigroup (Alliance and Medicaid)
- Trusted Health Plan (Alliance and Medicaid)
- Or who are DC residents, live with HIV, have private insurance or no insurance
About our Medical Interpreters:
- Interpreters undergo language proficiency screening and training in interpretation techniques, ethics and medical vocabulary.
- Interpreters are currently preparing for national certification.
- Interpreters contact patient the day before.
Before visits begin, interpreters explain the process to both patients and providers:
- Patient speaks directly to provider.
- Patient speaks in short segments.
- Patient pauses to allow for interpretation.
- Interpreter sits/stands beside the patient.
You Have Rights:
- To receive free services from a professional interpreter
- To ask and receive important documents in your language
- To put a complaint
- You do NOT have to bring a family member or a friend as an interpreter