La Clínica’s Community Interpreter Program pioneered language access in the District, and has served the needs of Limited English Proficient patients, including those living with HIV/AIDS, since 1996.
In order to ensure equal access to healthcare for Limited English Proficient persons, La Clínica provides medical interpretation in over eight languages on-site and at community health organizations and local hospitals. In 2011 it provided over 12,000 medical interpretations to clients across the region. La Clinica also provides simultaneous interpretation and translation services for individuals and for businesses.
Available Language Services
- In-preson trained medical interpreters in Amerifcan Sign Language (ASL), Amharic, Arabic, Mandarin, Cantonese, French, Portugues and Spanish.
- Phone interpreters in over 150 languages.
- Online interpreter request system.
- Provider training on use of interpreters
- Bilingual staff training as interpreters
- Translation of documents
- Conference interpretation
For more information about Language Services please contact:
- Isabel van Isschot
Language Services Department Director