Volunteers are a vital part of the La Clínica del Pueblo family. The staff members at La Clínica depend on volunteers to provide support that allows us to continually improve services to patients.
As a volunteer at La Clínica del Pueblo, you can:
- Provide administrative support to clinical staff and learn more about: the US health care system, health needs of our community, and the various programs created to support our patients
- Assemble safer-sex kits and prevent the spread of HIV
- Become trained as a Promotor de Salud and teach Latinos about healthy choices and chronic disease prevention
- Set up health fairs around the region that provide free health services to those in need in our community
Volunteers with an expertise in a special area can train or collaborate with staff and help La Clínica continue to serve members of the Latino community. These experts could lend their time in the following areas:
- Health & mental health topics
- Program evaluation
Volunteers should submit an online application or pick up a hard copy at our front desk. We will take into consideration your interests and skills, and when a volunteer opportunity becomes available, we will contact you. Most volunteer positions require applicants who speak Spanish or are bilingual (Spanish-English). If contacted, you will need to submit a copy of a negative tuberculin skin test within the past year or proof of a positive TB test and a negative chest x-ray by your first volunteer day at La Clínica.
Those who are fully bilingual in two or more languages (English and one other) and who are trained medical interpreters can volunteer to serve patients limited-English individuals seeking medical care. Include a cover letter and resume with your volunteer application.
For more information, contact Isabel van Isschot, Interpreters Services Department Director, at (202) 462-4788(202) 462-4788 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
We truly appreciate your interest in working for our community!